Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Nashville and Willie!


It has been too long since I've posted, but here's some catch up! Our weekend in Nashville for Alan's B-day was fabulous! He had a great time, and even if I do say so myself, it was the perfect gift. It's been the first time in a while that we've just gone somewhere by ourselves. We first went to Country Music Hall of Fame, which was so cool, especially since this was my first trip. And while we were in there we got the awesome news that our Dawgs had beat Kentucky!!! Which only made the trip that much more fun! After the Hall of Fame, we went walking downtown and then drove out to OpryMills for supper before going to the Grand Ole Opry. I LOVE OpryMills!! So much fun! The Grand Ole Opry was a lot of fun too, much different than I expected. I didn't realize you got to see SO many performers in one night! Some of the highlights were Little Jimmie Dickens, Rissi Palmer, Vince Gill (loved him!) and Josh Turner (HOTTIE!), who was being inducted into the Opry that night.




On Sunday, we went to the Parthenon in the park in Nashville and then downtown to the Ryman. Then, before we left we stopped by OpryMills for a little shopping time! We can't wait to go back; it was a blast!! Then, last Sunday night, my parents came up to Columbus and we all went to the Willie Nelson concert in Tupelo. So many singers in so many days! I'd heard a lot of different opinions on Willie's concerts, but I must say that I had a blast! It was a lot of fun and beautiful music. Alan can finally cross Willie's name off our list of people to see before they die! P.S. I even got to see the Honeysuckle Rose.

1 comment:

Adelia said...

THat sounds like so much fun. I'm going to Nashville in December and can't wait. We are going to the Country Music Hall of Fame and staying near Opry Mills. Glad ya'll had a great weekend.